UPDATE March 30, 2020:
An update to our hospital’s protocol on taking the necessary responsibilities to protect our clients and staff from spreading the COVID-19 (corona) virus. In effort to uphold our responsibility to our community and comply with the Center for Disease Control’s recommendations, we have adjusted our policy for entering the building. Our goal is to limit the spread of this virus and maintain a safe and healthy atmosphere for our clients and staff. Our new protocol is as follows:
• Please call in advance to schedule an appointment for your pet for any services.
• If you, or a family member are exhibiting flu-like symptoms, please do not visit our office. You may call to reschedule or ask a healthy friend or family member to bring your pet for their appointment. PLEASE tell our staff if we are seeing your pet and someone in the household is sick.
• NAIL TRIMS: We will continue to provide nail trims if they are medically necessary, however we respectfully ask that you postpone coming in for all cosmetic nail trims.
CURBSIDE SERVICE IS OUR NEW (TEMPORARY) STANDARD OF CARE: When you arrive for your appointment, please call 410-666-1390 from your vehicle to let us know you’ve arrived. Give the parking sace number or color/make/model of your vehicle, and your cell phone number. A team member will be out shortly to confirm the reason for your visit and any concerns you would like the Doctor to address. Please be available at the cell phone number for the Doctor to reach you as needed. A team member will bring your pet out to the vehicle once all services are completed.
FOR SICK ANIMALS PLEASE PREPARE TO DROP OFF: Call 410-666-1390 when you arrive for your drop off (by appointment only). A team member will be out shortly to confirm the reason for your visit and review any concerns. A Doctor will be in touch once your requested services and pet’s examination are completed, or to follow up with any questions.
• AS ALWAYS, CATS MUST BE IN A CARRIER AND DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH FOR US TO SAFELY GET THEM FROM YOUR VEHICLE AND BRING THEM INTO THE BUILDING FOR SERVICES. We will use one of our slip leads in addition as a precautionary measure.
• PAYMENT: will be taken over the phone for services or medications. Please pay using a credit card if possible. If you are paying by cash or check, please let us know and we will take payment outside. Any medications or pet foods will be brought out to your vehicle by a friendly staff member.
• FOR SURGERIES OR DROP OFF PROCEDURES: Please call from your vehicle during the designated drop off time. A team member will come out to your vehicle with a consent form and go over any necessary information. A technician will be out to assist your pet into the building. Please be available at the indicated phone numbers so the Doctor can reach you as needed.
• FOR BOARDING RESERVATIONS: Please park at the lower portion of the parking lot and call boarding directly 410-666-4405 to check in or out from your vehicle. A team member will be out shortly to assist you and your pet.
• REFILL REQUESTS: If you need a refill of your pet’s medication, copies of paperwork, or have a general question, we respectfully ask you to email our office: JacksonvilleVet@jvh.info to keep phone call volume manageable. Our staff will respond as promptly as possible. Consider ordering your pet’s medications through our online pharmacy, https://jvh.vetsfirstchoice.com/ to be shipped to your home when possible.
We understand that this may be an inconvenience for you and your families and appreciate your patience and cooperation as our call volume grows and wait times may be affected during this transitional time. We wish everyone continued good health and safety. Please do not hesitate to call or email us with additional questions.
If you have an emergency and we are unavailable, please contact our trusted friends at the Animal Emergency Hospital in Bel Air 410-420-7297, or the Pet ER in Towson 410-252-8387.
Jacksonville Veterinary Hospital : 410-666-1390
Monday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
For Boarding Reservations/ Inquiries: 410-666-4405
Boarding Facility Hours:
Monday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
LIMITED WEEKEND HOURS :
Saturday: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm , 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Sundays: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
*Please inform our staff in advance if you need to make special arrangements to pick up your pets during our limited weekend hours.
New Patient Registration form HERE
Please email form with any existing medical records to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 410-666-0233.
Jacksonville Veterinary Hospital has been a country vet in the heart of Maryland for over 45 years. Thanks to our wonderful clients, we have grown to a six doctor practice with an experienced staff ready to cater to you and your beloved pet. We are equipped to care for mammals from pocket pets to cats and dogs.
Here at JVH, we believe in preventive medicine and recommend annual exams to track your pet’s progress from the very first visit, well into their adult and senior years.Our services include examinations, vaccinations, surgery, dentistry, radiology, ultrasonography, pain management, boarding, grooming, and more. We have a pharmacy on site, as well as an online store for your convenience.
You can now login to our mobile app to view upcoming appointments, healthcare reminders, refill prescriptions, request appointments and more!
To access our NEW MOBILE APP where you can view your pet's records, request appointments and request refills click HERE: